The Tourism Office in Galway County Council fully respects your right to privacy in relation to your interactions with this website. Any information which you volunteer will be treated with the highest standard of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with GDPR and Data Protection Acts 1988-2018. Galway County Council is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of linked websites not managed by Galway County Council.
What data do we collect?
The Tourism office in Galway County Council collects the following data;
- Later in 2022; we will collect personal identification information (Name, email address) if you choose the option to sign up to our database.
How do we collect your data?
- You directly provide it when you sign up to our newsletter or enter a competition
- The Tourism office in Galway County Council may also receive your data from you browser’s cookies
How do we use your data?
The Tourism office in Galway County Council collects your data so we can email you with information relevant to the tourism sector in the County
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please write to email@example.com with the subject being ‘Unsubscribe from database’
What are your data protection rights?
The Tourism office in Galway County Council would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request the tourism office in Galway County Council for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that the tourism office in Galway County Council correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that the tourism office in Galway County Council erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that the tourism office in Galway County Council restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the Tourism office in Galway County Council processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that the Tourism office in Galway County Council transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email firstname.lastname@example.org
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Understanding how you use our website
- [Add any uses your company has for cookies]
What types of cookies do we use?
How to manage cookies?
- You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Email us at: Tourism@galwaycoco.ie
How to contact the appropriate authority Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that the local authority has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.